qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] linuxboot Option ROM for Linux kernel booting

From: H. Peter Anvin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] linuxboot Option ROM for Linux kernel booting
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:23:01 -0700

Nguyen Anh Quynh wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about comibing this ROM with the extboot. Both two ROM
are about "booting", so I think that is reasonable. So we will have
only 1 ROM that supports both external boot and Linux boot.

Is that desirable or not?

Does it make the code simpler and easier to understand? If not, then I would say no.

        -hpa