qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kernel kqemu and interrupt handler

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kernel kqemu and interrupt handler
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 02:00:08 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to make GNU Mach work with -kernel-kqemu, and the only
problem I'm having is with IRQ handling while from kernel context: the
handler roughly does

entry:
        cld
        pushl %ds
        pushl %es
        pushl %fs
        pushl %gs
        etc. call handler
        popl %gs
        popl %fs
        popl %es
        popl %ds

I get a General protection fault on popl %gs.  Looking at the stack
shows me that pushl %gs has pushed 0x13 instead of 0x10.  While I
understand why this is so (we're running in CPL 3 anyway), I wonder how
this is supposed to work, and even more, how linux works (since it
roughly does the same)...

Samuel