qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenGL in qemu

From: Dmitriy Kazimirov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenGL in qemu
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:54:06 +0700

Regarding the importance of Direct3D, it is of little importance to me personally and what I am trying to achieve. I need to get CAD packages like Archicad and Autocad running well in a Windows guest on a linux host, and so OpenGL support in the guest is all I actually need.

Regarding D3D, if OpenGL drivers are working, it should be not too difficult to do like Parallels Workstation for Mac does. Just get D3D->OpenGL translator from Wine and use it as basis for D3D driver. And such translator could be used by all 'virtual OpenGL' implementations

Best Regards,
Dmitriy Kazimirov,
Senior C#/C++ Developer
of ISS Art, Ltd., Omsk, Russia