qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] PCI IRQ routing

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: [Qemu-devel] PCI IRQ routing
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:43:23 +0200

Hi,

while trying to implement improved APIC support, I stumbled across a pretty serious problem. As far as I read the sources to the PCI devices in qemu, they are based on the assumption that their interrupts are Active High.

According to the PCI 3.0 Spec, "Interrupts on PCI are optional and defined as 'level sensitive', asserted low (negative one) using open drain output drivers". This stands in contrast to the way PCI interrupts are implemented atm.

Am I overseeing something or is this intended behavior?

Alex