qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:44:53 -0500

Anders wrote:
Aurelien Jarno wrote:

That's why I reverted that commit, it was for my local tree only, I
committed it accidentally (along with a few other patches).

Ah, okay. I only read the subject of your reverts, which did not mention 4341.

I posted a more complete implementation a few weeks ago, anything wrong
with it?

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/24567

People saying it is not the way to go, and I have still haven't decided
myself if it is a correct solution or not.

The current code is also not a correct solution.

Well, I will just keep it in my local tree.

You're seeing improvement with normal QEMU? Can you please post a description of what you're seeing improve with SIGIO. SIGIO should really only slow things down.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Anders.