qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 18:00:20 -0500

Anthony Liguori wrote:

If you explicitly call host_alarm_handler in tap_send(), do you see the same improvement? Perhaps your host timer is just very slow?

Oh, it's probably that the signal is causing TCG to be interrupted and IO to be processed immediately. Moving the select() loop into a separate thread that sets an atomic whenever it's time to break out of the TCG loop would be a more general solution.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

e1000 card on the MIPS Malta target.

That's why I use that patch in my local tree.