qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kqemu accelerator page fault

From: Malinka Rellikwodahs
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kqemu accelerator page fault
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:37:23 -0400

i've been part of a project that's been creating cluster servers running windows xp, using qemu on 64bit linux, xp is 32-bit, we were running fine for a few months and then more recently something changed and it's causing instability in kqemu, which is causing our xp side servers to just stop running, we use gentoo linux, which has apparently applied a patch, but that seems to only have to do with qcow images, since we're using raw images on lvm partitions i don't believe it is having any affect, i know some c code and if given the right direction would be willing to trace down what's causing this instability and help fix it, as a note we have experimented with the xp memory model turning on large system cache and stopping xp from writing kernel to pagefile and it seems to have made large improvement (have not seen crashes since) however it would be nice to at least know what is causing this issue and how to fix it properly, so we know it doesn't come back to hurt us, i've attached the gentoo patches just in case for whatever reason they are relevant, if someone could help me figure out what is going on it would be much appreciated