qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4367] Align file accesses with cache=off (Kevin Wolf,

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4367] Align file accesses with cache=off (Kevin Wolf, Laurent Vivier)
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 18:39:42 +0200

Blue Swirl schrieb:
I still think it is a waste
of resources if the effort made for the patches gets lost or don't get
much review like what is happening here very often.

Thank you, there's nothing more to add. This is exactly what I meant.

Usually I run a set of tests before committing. From the amount of
breakage fixes and reverts I get the impression that some of the other
developers test less. Though testing will not catch all deeper
problems like in this case.

My impression is that most of the commiters only commit their own patches (maybe with the exception of Aurelien), but don't want to bother with patches from ordinary mailing list subscribers. In comparison to other projects, it's quite difficult to get something into qemu and I'd not be surprised if this is discouraging people from doing qemu development at all.

Apropos revert... ;-) The patch didn't break anything previously working, it's just that previously completely broken functionality might still be slightly broken. And I've already posted a patch for the recursion problem, so I would have preferred committing that one on top over reverting the whole thing.

Kevin