qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI hotplug controller emulation

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI hotplug controller emulation
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:17:41 +0200

On May 16, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Zhai, Edwin wrote:

Hello,

I have cooked up a patch of ACPI PCI hotplug controller emulation, which can be
extended to support hotplug of virtual PCI device, say ne2000 NIC.

KVM also has such a feature. It might be a good idea to look at that implementation and see how things differ between the approaches and maybe get yours into KVM too.

Are you guys interested to integrate this device emulation?

BTW, modification of ACPI DSDT table is required, but QEMU reuse the binary from
Bochs. I don't know how to handle such issue in QEMU.

Best idea here would be to send the patches to the bochs list. Alternatively there is a diff file against the bochs bios in the qemu svn too. Getting things upstream with bochs is preferred though.

Alex