qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Use of PATH_MAX

From: Ian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Use of PATH_MAX
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:52:28 +0100

Anthony Liguori writes ("Re: [Qemu-devel] Use of PATH_MAX"):
> The problem with static buffers is that we silently truncate filenames.

Obviously silently truncating pathnames is a bug.

But even being able to increase the size of the buffer so that the
truncation doesn't happen in practice is a helpful workaround, and not
(mis)using PATH_MAX is an improvement.

Please do not let my proposed change get stuck just because it doesn't
fix every bug and doesn't implement every currently-absent desirable
behaviour.

Ian.