qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch removing spaces

From: Ian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch removing spaces
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:58:54 +0100

Balazs Attila-Mihaly \(Cd-MaN\) writes ("[Qemu-devel] Patch removing
> spaces"): If anyone is interested: a patch which removes spaces from
> the end of the lines. Compressed because it's rather big.

Please don't apply this patch!

Spaces at the ends of lines are indeed irritating and we should avoid
them.  But going out of our way to remove them is definitely wrong -
it's reformatting, which is nearly always wrong in Free Software.

See for example the CVS usage guidelines that Tony Finch recommends
for use in the FreeBSD project
  http://dotat.at/writing/cvs-guidelines.html
section 3.1.

Ian.