qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu with smp

From: Girish V
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu with smp
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:28:51 -0400

Hi,
I am trying to install FC5 SMP kernel on a disk image. My plan is to
boot up a qemu smp machine and install FC5 - this way the installer
will detect the 2 cpus and install the smp kernel.

I tried to boot up a machine with 2 cpus, using "qemu -m 512M -hda
disc.img -smp 2 -cdrom FC5-disc1.iso -no-kqemu -boot d". When I do
this, a blank console pops up - but nothing happens beyond that. The
console is blank and the installation doesnt seem to progress.

If I try the above command without the -smp 2 option, I am able to see
the welcome screen and installation progresses.

Is there something else I need to do so that I can use the smp option.
I am running qemu on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Thanks,
Girish