qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] HEAD qemu mouse stuck in bottom corner problem

From: Shaddy Baddah
Subject: [Qemu-devel] HEAD qemu mouse stuck in bottom corner problem
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:55:28 +1000

Hi,

I've built qemu from HEAD (as of yesterday) svn on my Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon x86 release. Here is the uname -a output:

Linux <edited>-ubuntu 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 07:42:25 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

The problem I have with it is that for both Windows and Linux (a Knoppix boot session) guest system, once I click into the qemu window to grab the mouse, it is jumping to the bottom right most corner of the screen, and remaining stuck there. There seems no way to recover the mouse, so I have to hold ctrl-alt and get out of there.

I get around the problem sometimes by using vnc (-vnc :1) for the qemu display instead, but I don't know if this is also a known issue/limitation (I assumed so), that only gets you so far because the guest mouse does not track the host mouse at all accurately. So for the Windows guest, I get around the problem by waiting until the TCP stack is up, and connecting to the actually hosted VNC service (not qemu's in-built service that I activated).

I'd rather not do something so convoluted, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shaddy