qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Rockbox Emulation

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Rockbox Emulation
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:31:45 +0100

> I have tried to run rockbox on QEMU just to see how far it would get.
> So far all it does is show a blank screen (I have confirmed that the
> arm-test works correctly). So I am wondering if the kernel is actually
> running or not. Is it possible that it is running, but not displaying
> anything because it is not emulating the correct LCD?

Your kernel must match the machine it is running on. So you need to either
rebuild you kernel for one of the machines that qemu emulates, or teach qemu
how to emulate whatever board you kernel is configured for.

Unlike PCs, There's no such thing as a "standard" arm machine. They're all
different.

Paul