qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC Segfault : was Re: Segfault installing Windows XP 3

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC Segfault : was Re: Segfault installing Windows XP 32 Bit guest on Linux 64Bit host
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:19:24 -0500

Eduardo Felipe wrote:

2008/5/30 Anthony Liguori <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:

    Brad Campbell wrote:

        Anthony Liguori wrote:

                Ok, this is a general VNC explosion. If I compile it
                with libSDL and run a standard SDL window over X then
                it works fine. As soon as I add -vnc :2 to the command
                line it blows up in the same place.

            Is this the latest SVN?  There was a recent SEGV fix for VNC.

        Yep
        address@hidden:~/src/qemu$ svn up
        At revision 4622.

        It's very easily reproducible here, I'll have some time
        tomorrow to look at it closer and see if I can fix it.

    How are you reproducing it?  With what client?

This seems related to a problem discussed here some time ago:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-10/msg00104.html

If it is so, to reproduce it just use a client without DesktopSize pseudoencoding and tell the guest OS to scale down his window. A segfault will follow in the next SetPixelFormat received by qemu.

That shoudl be fixed in SVN.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,
Edu

P.S. (I don't know if my original patch already applies)