qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] An organizational suggestion

From: Balazs Attila-Mihaly \(Cd-MaN\)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] An organizational suggestion
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

Since I've been subscribed to the list (a year or so), people have complained
several times that patches did not get committed and they didn't know why.
PostgreSQL (an open source database) currently uses a development process which
I think the Qemu community could adopt and which could resolve these issues:
every month they hold a so-called "commit-fest" when they, for a week, only
work on committing patches. Now the exact time intervals are not important (it
can be every three months a two week period for example), however in my
opininion this would give a clear time-frame regarding the patches.

Of course if there is interest in adopting this kind of approach, some
mechanism would be needed to manage the patch-queue (the patches which have not
been committed yet) and I think that a closed Wiki (ie only members of the
mailing list could edit it) would be a good tool. I would suggest Dokuwiki
(http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki) because it is written in PHP (which
is available at almost all webhosts) and requires no database backend. If you
(and specifically Farbric) are interested I would be happy to assist in
installing (and maintaining) it, since I already manage a Dokuwiki installation
at work.

Best regards

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.