qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] An organizational suggestion

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] An organizational suggestion
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:14:24 +0100

Paul Brook wrote:
> > I don't see a lot of patches posted to this list though.  It seems
> > rather fewer than the number of commits.  Are these patches being sent
> > somewhere else instead?  Where should I send patches?
>
> All patches should be sent to this list.
> Patches committed without going with this list tend to be work done by the
> committers themselves.

Ok.  Ian Jackson has found, patches to _some_ subsystems sent here
seem to be ignored by those able to commit them.  Even patches that
involved significant work and might be useful to many.

I don't think that's like it seems.  Every so often, there's a burst
of commits of reworked patches sent long earlier.  But it must be
confusing for the people sending patches here, and hard for them to
polish those patches, since they don't know if they should.

So how does one become a committer?

-- Jamie

(*) Or I noticed sometimes dismissed by a terse response.