qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] osdep.c patch (FreeBSD hosts)

From: Ed Maste
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] osdep.c patch (FreeBSD hosts)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:39:56 -0400

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 03:15:07PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:

> > ..and I just checked the manpage, our malloc page-aligns too (for sizes >=
> > pagesize), so at least that shouldn't be an issue.

We also have posix_memalign available on FreeBSD for guaranteed
alignment.

I think this file should be able to be simplified greatly -- perhaps
all of the current kqemu_vmalloc should be moved into an #ifdef LINUX
(or whatever the #define is) and other systems can use plain
old posix_memalign/memalign/etc.

- Ed