qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problem(s) with encrypted images

From: nuitari-qemu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problem(s) with encrypted images
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 23:18:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

First I would like to apologize if this isn't the correct place for this. The Qemu-users board won't let me agree to the terms and when I view threads found by the search engine I get a lot of error messages about the session table being corrupted.

This is on a non-kvm "vintage" opteron. Linux is the host and another linux is the guest OS. I use kqemu once the kernel is compiled. (btw the kernel panics inside the guest with kqemu using the gentoo live cds).

Anyways, here are the problems that I've found:
1. Qemu-img doesn't show a password prompt when I create a new encrypted image. It does show it when I convert a plain text image to an encrypted one.

2. When I start qemu, it just hangs there waiting for (assumingly) the password of the encrypted image. However I cannot find the place where the prompt actually is.

I've tried staring it with stdio as the monitor, which just errored out.
Inside a vnc server it would do the same thing.
It also does not open the vnc server nor the tcp server for the monitor to askk for it.

Does encryption work in QEMU 0.9.1?