qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] what is needed to shutdown a guest (including Qemu process)

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] what is needed to shutdown a guest (including Qemu process)?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:53:55 +0200

I'm trying to run Debian Etch with Qemu 0.9.1, using ARM Versatile/PB machine emulation, with a self-compiled 2.6.20 kernel.

Everything works fine, except that I can't shutdown the guest properly.

When I want to halt the guest system, it shutdowns just fine up to:

  Will now halt.
  Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:
  System halted.

But the qemu-system-arm process continues to run.

Is there a workaround to that? I would expect qemu process to exit as well.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org