qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Disabling outgoing connectiong from within guest

From: Łukasz Taczuk
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Disabling outgoing connectiong from within guest
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:41:34 +0200

Hi!

I would like to create a sandboxed environment in which random users
would be able to roam freely using ssh.
However, I don't want to allow them to open outgoing connections just
as if the box was offline (even if the guest is compromised).
Basically I would like to have something like reversed user mode
network stack: you can log in to the guest, but once you're in, you
cannot connect to the host nor any other machine.

I tried using the -redir option but it works only when user mode is
enabled which clearly defeats the purpose.
Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks in advance

--
Lukasz Taczuk