qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] About hacking QEMU

From: Tommy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] About hacking QEMU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:54:47 -0400

Hello,

I want to change not only the settings but also the x86 architecture a little bit for research purpose.
However, I feel it is quite difficult to start out since I don't have any experience doing this.
I have two questions as follows. I appreciate if someone can give me some information.

1. I found bunch of files in the source directory. However, I cannot find their related functionalities.
Is there any article explaining the usage of each files and the relationship between them?
I want to know not only high level descriptions but also implementation details. But I cannot find such information.
Does anyone know where I can find it?

2. I want to use SMP and divide the memory space into two parts.
Each part belongs to one processor (suppose I have two processors) and boots different OSes on them.
Is is possible to do that? Does anyone can tell me some information about how to implement this?

Thank you in advance.

- Tommy