qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] "A disk read error occurred"

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] "A disk read error occurred"
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:48:43 +0300

Alexander (Sasha) Sirotkin wrote:
For some reason when I try to boot qemu with -hda /dev/sda (or -hda
/dev/hda), i.e. to use the whole disk, it fails with the above error
"A disk read error occurred". This happens only on IBM/Lenovo laptops
(tried a few models), while it works just fine on any desktop I can
get my hands on. Probably has something to do with bios...

Can you add some printfs displaying the sector numbers being read? Some disks have trouble accessing the last sector.

Also, an strace can help show the problem.

signature is too narrow to contain.