qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] A disk read error occurred

From: Alexander (Sasha) Sirotkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] A disk read error occurred
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:24:53 +0300

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Samuel Thibault
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Alexander (Sasha) Sirotkin, le Mon 30 Jun 2008 23:23:18 +0300, a écrit :
>> For some reason when I try to boot qemu with -hda /dev/sda (or -hda
>> /dev/hda), i.e. to use raw disk, it fails with the above error message
>> - "A disk read error occurred". This happens only on IBM/Lenovo
>> laptops (tried a few models), while it works just fine on any other
>> desktop or laptop I can get my hands on. Probably has something to do
>> with bios...
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>
> How big is the disk?

Not big, 40G.
My current guess is that the problem is not in qemu itself, but in the
bios. If there are no other suggestions, do you think it would be
possible to use IBM bios with qemu ?

BTW, I did not manage to find this error message ("A disk read error
occurred" in the sources - neither qemu, nor bochs bios.