qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu X3100 project

From: René Rebe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu X3100 project
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:51:46 +0200

Alexey Eremenko wrote:
That's very interesting undertaking indeed.

I always dreamt of playing 3D games in VMs. And I hope, that with the
help of your project, in may become a reality.

I don't know if it's possible to achieve good performance with
emulated 3D hardware - to the point where 3D games would run.
From the performance point of few I doubt it will yield performance to
run 3D games. For such "high-performance" demands some dedicated
"para-virtualized" direct 3D command passing would be required, there
already where some attempts to do so.

I'd like some decent emulated hardware nonetheless, mostly for OS
development, and probably for the nowadays common desktop 3D
effects that I hope the Intel GMA emulation could reach useful
performance.

Yours,
 http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.nam