qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU Accel - git tree

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU Accel - git tree
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:41:48 -0300

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Jamie Lokier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Glauber Costa wrote:
>> > Talking to hollis last week, he pointed out that a better solution
>> > would be to make all of them to use the same kernel interface. It's a
>> > valid approach, but I believe an user-space interface would be more
>> > flexible. That's why I'm still maintaining this set (now in tree-form
>> > ;-) )
>>
>> Especially in case we'll add xen to the picture ...
>
> However, don't forget that plain QEMU doesn't use a kernel interface.
> Does that count as a "different" kernel interface for the purpose of
> these hooks? :-)

I don't think the word "kernel interface" has any need to be involved
whatsoever, but to ilustrate a particular kvm / kqemu issue.
The way it is now, that's just a userspace interface for an an
accelerator, whatever it is.

--
Glauber Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."