qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] ARM test generator

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] ARM test generator
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:48:00 +0200

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
> For any reasonable coverage test I'd expect test-ref.txt to be huge, which
> makes testing without reference hardware infeasible (and certainly not
> suitable for inclusion in qemu SVN). AFAIK For ARMv7 then there are currently
> zero generally available hardware platforms, and ARMv6 hardware is still
> fairly rare.

I agree the lack of easily available ARMv7 hardware is a problem though
some people are already getting board (mine should be in within 2 weeks).
As far as ARMv6 is concerned the Nokia n8x0 use an ARMv6 processor;
again that's not widespread enough.  (BTW Nokia n8x0 dev environment
uses qemu and fails running ffmpeg ARMv6.)

I also admit that putting the ref in svn is not the way to go.

So you would have to trust someone to provide you with a ref output to
check patch correctness.  Basically we're back to the starting point:  you
need to be convinced :-)

Laurent