qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: ARM prologue linkage fix

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: ARM prologue linkage fix
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:33:07 +0100

> >  > I made a patch which allows sparc-linux-user target to be linked on an
> >  > ARM host. Is this OK? Sparc32 helloworld program runs successfully,
> >  > otherwise untested.
>
> Is this version OK then? Should I commit it?

Your comment is somewhat ambiguous (all targets use a direct jump, ARM just
has tighter restrictions on when that is possible). I suggest:

/* The prologue must be reachable with a direct jump. ARM has a limited
  branch range (possibly also PPC and SPARC?) so place it in a section
  close to code segment. */

Ok with that change.

Paul