qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:55:24 +0100

Anthony Liguori, le Thu 10 Jul 2008 14:25:05 -0500, a écrit :
> >Keep in mind that using '-k' completely changes the semantics of the
> >keyboard. I'm using the colemak layout, so my top row is: qwfpg. For
> >the sake of simplicity, assume that the guest uses the standard en-us
> >layout.
>
> Then you would need to add a colemak translation table if you wanted
> that to be reflected in the guest.  However, if you use -k en-us and use
> en-us in the guest, it should just work for you.

That won't for the shifted characters. Let's take for instance azerty,
which has the numbers in the shifted position instead of the direct
position. Typing shift+1 will produce a 1 keysym, which will indeed be
converted to the correct scancode, but shift will be simulated too, and
thus produce in the guest '!'... There is no other correct than properly
reverse-engineering the keysyms we get into a positional keycode, and
then convert to PS2 scancode, and let the guest use its keymaps..

Samuel