qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to create a .zImage file for arm on windows

From: 周琦钞
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to create a .zImage file for arm on windows
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:40:33 +0800

Dear all:

        I downloadded a qemu-0.9.0-arm package for windows platform. Then, I used this qemu. I found the file system format is cramfs, it's read only.  I was requested to develop Embedded Linux Application, and run it with QEMU on windows platform.

        So, I have two chose:
        1. cross compile  my application on Linux system, and then add it into integratorcp.zImage(as in the qemu-0.9.0-qemu package).
        2. create a cross toolchain for arm in the integratorcp.zImage, and the develop application under on the Linux system, which is emulated by QEMU.

         But, the precondition is I must create a writeable .zImage file.

         Finally, my question is :How should I create a writeable .zImage file for arm on windows form (such as ramdisk fs)?

Best regards.
by zhou