qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] targets that still use dyngen

From: C.W. Betts
Subject: [Qemu-devel] targets that still use dyngen
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:58:03 -0600

What targets still use dyngen? According to the current source tree, Alpha, CRIS PowerPC, and SH4 are still using dyngen; they have an op.c file in their target- directory:
ls */op.c
target-alpha/op.c       target-cris/op.c        target-ppc/op.c
target-sh4/op.c
I know nothing about architecture design, so I don't know how much effort would be needed to get the rest of these targets to use TCG. I know somebody here (malc) has helped make the TCG backends for PowerPC, and surely the work for the front-end wouldn't be that much harder (I say naively). Also, is anyone doing work porting these to TCG that we don't know about?