qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] targets that still use dyngen

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] targets that still use dyngen
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:11:37 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, C.W. Betts wrote:

What targets still use dyngen? According to the current source tree, Alpha, CRIS PowerPC, and SH4 are still using dyngen; they have an op.c file in their target- directory:
ls */op.c
target-alpha/op.c target-cris/op.c target-ppc/op.c target-sh4/op.c

I know nothing about architecture design, so I don't know how much
effort would be needed to get the rest of these targets to use TCG.
I know somebody here (malc) has helped make the TCG backends for
PowerPC, and surely the work for the front-end wouldn't be that much
harder (I say naively).  Also, is anyone doing work porting these to
TCG that we don't know about?

It is harder, also much more tedious and requiring intimate knowlege of
underlying architecture.

--
mailto:address@hidden