qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu+systemc

From: Damien Bardon
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu+systemc
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:08:18 +0200

Hello,

My idea isn't new, but I would like to interface SystemC with Qemu. To begin I
had a look at the ARM architecture with the Amba bus. I now there is already
an existing work on this subject but :

-> I would like a TLM 2.0 interface (OSCI standard)
-> It uses BSD sockets... I'm not sure it is very efficient ?
-> The current patch looks quite ugly ?

What I need is quite simle
-> a hook to the amba read/write requests
-> a way of synchronizing systemC and Qemu, so I need some knowledge about
Qemu time.

Do you think you could give me some hints to get a fast start ?

Also the following line in hw/integratorcp.c looks like Qemu for ARM is
designed for a linux kernel only ? Am I wrong ? Is it possible to execute the
ISS without operating system ?

arm_load_kernel(env, ram_size, kernel_filename, kernel_cmdline,
                    initrd_filename, 0x113, 0x0);

Thank you.

Damien