qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Breakage with local APIC routing

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Breakage with local APIC routing
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:28:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

due to the change in revision 3371 (well, at that time, CVS was used,
which was no better than Subversion) installation of win64 is broken in
QEmu.  The commit message reads like this:

        Don't route PIC interrupts through the local APIC if the local
        APIC config says so. By Ari Kivity.

A bit of research showed that the patch was actually originally from Qing
He, but he told me privately that the part that actually broke win64 (the
removal of the call to cpu_reset_interrupt(), as opposed to moving that
call into the "else" condition) was not part of his patch.

Unfortunately, a lot has been done to the APIC handling in the meantime,
so it is not a simple matter of a revert.

Being a complete idiot when it comes to APICs, I have no clue how to fix
the issue.

However, I am quite willing to test whatever patch is thrown at me.

Can somebody help?

Thanks,
Dscho