qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Breakage with local APIC routing

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Breakage with local APIC routing
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:27:39 -0500

Stefan Weil wrote:
Aurelien Jarno schrieb:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 07:32:28PM +0200, Stefan Weil wrote:
See also http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/24739.
EFI BIOS is affected by the same problem.
With the difference that the patch proposed in this thread actually
fixes the problem in case of the EFI BIOS.

Great. So that patch improves Qemu and should be applied to trunk?

If someone resubmits the patch, it will be reviewed and applied if appropriate.

I couldn't find the referenced patch (not sure which thread it's a part of). In general, I don't like applying patches that are deep within a thread because it's hard to determine whether there was an updated patch somewhere else in the thread and it's even more difficult to identify which messages in the thread may contain a patch.

Top-level postings with a clear indication of which version of the patch (v2, v3, v4, etc.) and an indication of whether it's a resubmission (via [RESEND]) makes it much easier to find the right patch to apply.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Stefan