qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] add byteordered types

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] add byteordered types
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:20:09 +0200

Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Personally, I dislike the whole struct thing.  I even further dislike
> having multiple sets of conversion functions that are used in different
> places in the code.
>
> Are we sure that this is something that we want to do?

As far I know this struct trick is the only way to have gcc check access
to variables with an specific byteorder is done the correct way.  Avi
sguuested that and I also think this checking would be useful.  I could
live without that though if there is an agreement that we'll just stick
with the current, unchecked cpu_to_<order><size> functions.

cheers,
  Gerd