qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] May I get a document about detailed architecture of QEM

From: Jun Koi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] May I get a document about detailed architecture of QEMU
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:47:25 +0900

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Mulyadi Santosa
<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2008/8/28  <address@hidden>:
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a lot of interests in QEMU.
>> I want to learn how qemu work in detail.
>> But, the source code are huge, which let me confused where i should start
>> from.
>> So, may i request for a detail document of QEMU detailed architecture for
>> source code.
>
> Try
> http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/usenix05/tech/freenix/bellard.html
>
> and don't miss:
> http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/qemu/qemu-porting.html

The problem is those docs are quite out-of-date. Would be very useful
if somebody writes about the new architecture (like TCG, ....) to
update them.

In recent version of Xen, the developers write up (a bit, but still
very useful) to introduce each single new feature of the new release.
Would that be wonderful if we can do the same thing when something
important is merged???

Thanks,
Jun