qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: trivial DNS issues

From: Cristi Magherusan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: trivial DNS issues
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:57:28 +0300

Hello,

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 13:29 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> What does your /etc/resolv.conf look like?
It used to look like this:

nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver <PRIMARY_DNS_IP>
nameserver <SECONDARY_DNS_IP>

Inside the VM the DNS resolver was broken.
After removing that line from the dhclient config now I have only my
real DNS servers, and DNS works inside the VM.

Those who have installed a local DNS server may need that stuff, but we
can check every entries of resolv.conf and see if we can connect to
their DNS server, and use in our VM the first one that could be reached.

Thanks,
Cristi

--
Ing. Cristi Măgherușan,