qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Xen patches - status summary

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Xen patches - status summary
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:00:58 -0500

Ian Jackson wrote:
The QEMU_ASYNC_EVENTLOOP change is a tidying up of the NBD feature to
make qemu-nbd share more commonality with qemu-img.  As discussed
there are perhaps even more cleanups that could be done to improve
this but as I say this change is a good start and should be applied.
Cleanups is, well, not the correct word IMHO.  The complete block device
handling needs a major redesign.  That this ifdef is needed in the first
place is a blatant layering violation.  Also we should be able to
support async I/O in some form (be it libaio, threads or whatever)
without hacking support for it into each and every file format handler.
I have something queued up to help us get closer to this.

That was an FYI, it wasn't about your patch. I agree your patch is a step in the right direction.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori