qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] user emulation status?

From: Martin Mohring
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] user emulation status?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 21:41:32 +0200

Miklos Vajna wrote:
On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 10:28:54PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski <address@hidden>
wrote:
3. PPC
Chrooting from x86 to a PPC filesystem ends with a segmentation fault.

It works fine for me with non-NPTL binaries. Sadly this is not too
useful, since most PPC binary nowadays uses NPTL.

This issue was already reported by me a few weeks ago, as well as by the
SuSE guys a bit later.

AFAIK NPTL only works fine only on ARM ATM.
The guys porting BSD user mode told us that was astonished that syscall handling in linux does not use common code. Now I am a bit stonished too. Are things like syscalls and even more nptl not handled in common code? Or is the non common code just not implemented?