qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Bochs-developers] BIOS, ACPI, CMOS and Windows EvenID:

From: Sebastian Herbszt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Bochs-developers] BIOS, ACPI, CMOS and Windows EvenID: 4
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 00:09:24 +0200

Stanislav Shwartsman wrote:

Hi,

As I already told, I have no idea about BIOS and can't check if the patch is
correct.
I hope Volker could make a decision or you will follow the guideline that I
tried to invent before.
Somebody of you (not just a patch author) should confirm that the patch is
OK and could be safely merged to CVS.

The patch looks ok to me. The new version does address Kevin's comment about
using MinFixed instead of MinNotFixed, so there are no outstanding issues.
It already got commited to kvm-userspace as "kvm: bios: avoid accessing CMOS
NVRAM from ACPI AML" [1] so it should already have some exposure.

[1]
http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/kvm-userspace.git;a=commit;h=04c154af9b1b5af9edee1cc0afbb3eac4b218531

- Sebastian