qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] "Will it blend?"

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] "Will it blend?"
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:54:55 +0300

On 9/17/08, Jonathan Kalbfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  It's been a while since I built QEMU on Solaris.  Last build from the
>  spring time seemed to segfault due to some TCX issues.  Are these
>  present on Solaris still?

You mean TCG. Sparc64 host support on OpenBSD looks pretty good.
Sparc32 system emulation works, x86 gives bus errors. I haven't tested
other emulators, except the BSD user emulator that is under
construction.

On Linux/Sparc32/64 all emulators segfault but that is probably due to
glibc bugs. I haven't installed OpenBSD to my Sparc32 machine yet, so
I don't have a working reference platform for Sparc32. Therefore
Sparc32 host support is pretty much untested.

Based on this, I'd appreciate if you gave it a shot. There has been
much progress.