qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Patch] Segfault with -vnc option

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Patch] Segfault with -vnc option
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:15:04 +0200

2008/9/22 Anthony Liguori <address@hidden>:
> Jan Niehusmann wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>

> Hi Jan,
>
> Very good catch.  My only suggestion would be to move this check into
> cirrus_vga.c and vmware_vga.c.  Even better would be to introduce a wrapper
> around callers of dpy_copy.

Yes, I don't think hw/ code should be concerned with what console is
active.  Logically the dpy_ functions should take the pointer returned
from graphic_console_init() as first parameter.

Please also check the code is formatted consistently with qemu.

I didn't receive Jan's message but the check seems to not be enough
because there can be multiple graphical consoles with different sizes
- if I'm guessing correctly what this patch tries to fix.
Cheers