qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] possible bug Qemu 0.9.1 -loadvm

From: Juan Caballero
Subject: [Qemu-devel] possible bug Qemu 0.9.1 -loadvm
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:41:30 -0700

Hi,
I have a Windows XP SP3 image where if I take an snapshot and try to load it
through the command line option "-loadvm" the host displays a blue screen
right after loading the snapshot and starts booting from the beginning. But,
if I start QEMU without the -loadvm command line option and then type
'loadvm 1' in the monitor, it loads the snapshot properly.

I have been able to reproduce this in 2 hosts:
Qemu 32 bit on Fedora Core 8
Qemu 64 bit on Ubuntu 8.04

Is this some timing issue?
I can provide access to the image if someone is willing to take a look

Thanks,
Juan