qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [5319] Add Atom (x86) cpu identification.

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [5319] Add Atom (x86) cpu identification.
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:56:18 +0200

On 27.09.2008, at 14:45, andrzej zaborowski wrote:

2008/9/27 Alexander Graf <address@hidden>:
Great :-). Are you also considering to work on an ICH-7 (or above)
emulation?

I was considering adding parts of ICH and intel 945GSE (especially
grpahics) but I don't know yet what we'll end up needing most and how
much time I will have.  If you start on something related it would be
great to know.

As far as I see it, the only chance in getting Mac OS X guest support upstream is an ICH-7 or up implementation in qemu. So I was considering to start working on it. I haven't had the time to do so yet though, but it's one of the things on my todo list. I wanted to focus mostly on the IDE and LPC parts first. Takashi might help me out on an HDA emulation.

Alex