qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Can't boot my sparc system anymore

From: Robert Reif
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Can't boot my sparc system anymore
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:04:48 -0400

Blue Swirl wrote:

Sorry, I had forgotten about this. Do you get the same result with
-prom-env 'boot-args=Linux console=ttyS0 video=tcxfb:off'?

Or just -prom-env 'boot-args=Linux' and -nographic?

No matter how I try to boot right now, it mostly just hangs in SILO using 100% cpu.

It did finally boot a few times but it took a long time and ran slow. qemu-g boots fine but the test I use which is just standard debian etch
installed to a disk image doesn't boot reliably anymore.  This is a new
regression.

As a side note, this same disk image on the same computer used to display
around 500 bogo mips at the first of this year but has steadily decreased to
around 125 bogo mips.