qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] latest svn sparc-softmmu compile warnings

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] latest svn sparc-softmmu compile warnings
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:36:14 +0300

On 9/29/08, Robert Reif <address@hidden> wrote:
> Martin Mohring wrote:
>
> > Still get this on i586 host for tcg-dyngen.c on i586, arm, cris, m68k....
> Using svn trunk -r 5349 here. host os openSUSE 11.0, kernel headers host
> 2.6.25.
> >

>  It turns out patch 5174 introduced this warning.
>  The following patch fixes it but I don't know if its the best way to fix
> it.

Please see my comments from time before committing r5174:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-08/msg01355.html

As the emulators worked fine before defining TARGET_LONG_BITS, the
patch may or may not be correct. I don't know. If I did, the warning
would be trivial to fix or suppress. Now the warning highlights a
potential bug, much like the slirp pointer truncation warnings
indicate a real bug.