qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New savevm version

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New savevm version
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:57:01 -0500

I just committed the savevm v3 patch I posted a few weeks ago. This introduces some infrastructure for live migration and fixes some issues with the current savevm (like > 4GB of physical memory).

I've tested the code quite a bit including v2 compatibility. It needs more testing too so I'd appreciate if people could try out save/load and let me know if you encounter any problems.

I'm going to track down the sparc-softmmu regression right now, but I plan on committing the actual live migration patches after that. The remaining live migration patches do not touch any core infrastructure so it should all be pretty safe.

Thanks,

Anthony Liguori