qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Add spare checker support to the build system

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Add spare checker support to the build system
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:02:59 -0500

Blue Swirl wrote:
On 10/7/08, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
  Hi,

 This adds support for running the sparse checker during the build
 process.  Left it off by default for now, build becomes very noisy with
 sparse checking turned on as it has to complain alot (partly even in the
 system headers!).  The qemu code base needs quite some cleanups before
 we should consider turning it on by default.

Cool, with sparse, I found and fixed one real bug and found one
missing 'static' just in target-sparc.

The cgcc test should try compiling a program like the C compiler test.
Maybe those tests could be merged?

It should if we're enabling it by default. Since we don't enable it by default, presumably the user has a working version of sparse.

Also, to enable it by default, we need to think about how it interacts with cross compilers and other versions of GCC other than the default gcc.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori