qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 0/2] Add flash emulation to the ARM Versatile PB

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 0/2] Add flash emulation to the ARM Versatile PB platform
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:48:05 +0200

Le Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:01:23 +0200,
Aurelien Jarno <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I suppose that if you propose such a change, you are using the flash
> with a bootloader in it. Could you please give us more details about
> it?

Sure. With these patches in place, I'm able to boot U-Boot in Qemu, use
TFTP to load a kernel, flash it, and boot it. I've detailed what I've
done at http://thomas.enix.org/Blog-20081002153859-Technologie.

It works pretty well, except that I add to hack the CFG_HZ and timer
configuration values in U-Boot to get some same network timeout values
and such. Any help in this area would be appreciated.

If you want more details, I'll be glad to give them.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons